Join the Marvel family:
New York, NY
Marvel seeks a motivated, organized, and craft-oriented model maker, who can work collaboratively with all in-house disciplines across project to join our New York team. Model making is an integral part of Marvel’s design process at every stage – from pursuits and concept design to large scale mockups and material tests. The office embraces material experimentation and a wide array of model making techniques. This position requires a highly self-motivated team player, who is comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic design environment.
- Candidates must have excellent communication and writing skills, strong organizational and time management habits, and work well independently and collaboratively.
- Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited school is preferred.
- Applicants should be interested specifically in model making and expanding Marvel’s shop capacities.
- Excellent command of AutoCAD and Rhino, laser-cutting and 3d printing experience, as well as CNC technology is required.
- Must include examples of hand-crafted objects and models in portfolio.
- Knowledge of photography and lighting is required for model documentation.
- Candidate must be willing to work in the office (not remotely) and able to begin immediately.
Interested? Please email us at [email protected]
Submit a cover letter with salary requirements, CV, and portfolio of relevant projects to [email protected]. No calls please. Candidates are sought to fill positions in our San Juan, Puerto Rico, office.