Join the Marvel family:
New York, NY
Marvel seeks a motivated, organized, and craft-oriented model maker, who can work collaboratively with all in-house disciplines across projects to join our New York team. Model making is an integral part of Marvel’s design process at every stage – from pursuits and concept design to large scale mockups and material tests. The office embraces material experimentation and a wide array of model making techniques. This position requires a highly self-motivated team player, who is comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic design environment.
- Candidates must have excellent communication and writing skills, strong organizational and time management habits, and work well independently and collaboratively.
- Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited school is preferred.
- Applicants should be interested specifically in model making and expanding Marvel’s shop capacities.
- Excellent command of AutoCAD and Rhino,
- Laser-cutting and 3D printing experience, as well as CNC technology is required.
- Must include examples of hand-crafted objects and models in portfolio.
- Knowledge of photography and lighting is required for model documentation.
- Candidate must be willing to work in the office (not remotely) and able to begin immediately.
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter, CV, and portfolio of relevant projects to [email protected].
Marvel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply, please email us with a letter of interest, resume, work samples (max 20 pages / 5 MB), salary requirements, and references (contact information only) as PDF attachments to [email protected], with the job title in the subject line (e.g. “Senior Architect”).
We look forward to hearing from you.