Join the Marvel family:
Marvel is a leading multi-disciplinary architecture, landscape architecture, urban design and interiors firm that is expanding our team of designers to reflect the communities we serve. We believe diverse experience and expertise within our team will result in stronger design solutions. Our goal is to add talented individuals that further our values of inclusivity in the workplace. Marvel supports its staff through applicable registration/certification process and values highly self-motivated and organized individuals.
About the Role
Marvel seeks a Junior Landscape Architectural Designer for our Richmond, Virginia office. The candidate will work closely with a Licensed Landscape Architect and other designers to research, plan, design and undertake construction administration of built work. The idea candidate shall possess strong technical skills, solid design sense and be able to work with all aspects of a project, schematic through construction administration. This position requires a high level of design, supporting Senior Landscape Architects in all aspects of the process.
Please note: In response to COVID-19, Marvel is committed to keeping its team safe. Employees have the option to work either at home or in the office, unless specified. As such, while we would prefer in-person interviews at our office, they are not required.
- Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited school is required.
- 0-3 years of experience working in a landscape architectural design office.
- Must be AutoCad, Rhino, V-ray and Enscape proficient and have a working knowledge in Adobe CC programs such as Sketch-up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and 3-D computer rendering, and digital modeling as required.
- Must demonstrate ability to visually express complex ideas and solve problems graphically.
- Most demonstrate knowledge in site planning, grading and planting design.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and writing skills, strong organization and time management habits, and ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
- Must have experience that demonstrates their ability to work well within a design team and take direction from Senior Landscape Architect.
- Responsibilities include preparing landscape architectural plans, physical models, 2D and 3D drawing and models using architectural computer software to illustrate a project design concept.
- Other responsibilities include participating in design competitions and proposals, as well as preparing written and graphic submissions to potential clients.
Richmond area interested candidates please submit a cover letter, CV, and portfolio of relevant projects to [email protected].
Marvel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply, please email us with a letter of interest, resume, work samples (max 20 pages / 5 MB), salary requirements, and references (contact information only) as PDF attachments to [email protected], with the job title in the subject line (e.g. “Senior Architect”).
We look forward to hearing from you.