Join the Marvel family:
New York, NY, San Juan, PR, or Richmond, VA
Marvel seeks an Intermediate Interior Architectural Designer for our New York office. The candidate should be capable of producing unique concepts and communicating designs through working drawings and renderings. The applicant must possess a collaborative attitude and be a creative thinker with a solid understanding of interior design standards and practices who brings both creativity and organization to the position. The candidate will be required to work with architects and designers through all project phases on a wide array of project types, sizes, and complexities, and this is why flexibility is a must.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- +3 years of experience preferred.
- Must be Revit, V-ray, Enscape, Rhino and AutoCAD proficient and have a working knowledge in Adobe CC programs such as Sketch-up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and 3-D computer rendering, and digital modeling as required. We also encourage hand drafting, sketch renderings and physical model making.
- Must demonstrate ability to visually express complex ideas and solve problems graphically.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and writing skills, strong organization and time management habits, and ability to work well independently and collaboratively.
- Must have experience that demonstrates their ability to work well within a design team and take direction from Senior Architect.
Responsibilities include space planning, design of interior schemes by RVT/CAD/Rhino drafting and/or 3D models, develop client presentations, product research, develop FF&E packages, prepare construction documentation (interior architecture scope: interior elevations, millwork details, interior finishes, plumbing, appliance, hardware, accessories schedules), and develop finish and material selections/ mood boards.
Applicants should be knowledgeable of contemporary trends, pricing, and sources of furniture, finishes and fixtures.
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter, CV, and portfolio of relevant projects to [email protected].
Salaries are commensurate with title and experience.
Marvel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
To apply, please email us with a letter of interest, resume, work samples (max 20 pages / 5 MB), salary requirements, and references (contact information only) as PDF attachments to [email protected], with the job title in the subject line (e.g. “Senior Architect”).
We look forward to hearing from you.