Join the Marvel family:
Marvel is an international award-winning multi-disciplinary architecture, landscape architecture, planning, urban design, and interior design firm based in New York City, NY, San Juan, Puerto Rico, Richmond, VA and Barcelona, Spain. Our values center on sustainability, materiality, affordability, and human-scale social design.
Our Business Development (BD) team seeks an articulate and enthusiastic individual to aid in the design and execution of architectural design proposals for our San Juan, PR office, as well as the other three offices. The position works with the Partners, Directors and the Marketing & Business Development team to develop long form proposals and create graphic content for various purposes related to the development of the firm, its pursuits and projects.
- Bachelor of Arts or Communication Design or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a professional setting as a graphic designer or in an administrative role, using Adobe CC programs.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstratable abilities to visually express complex ideas and solve problems graphically, with excellent communication and writing skills, strong organization, and time management habits, will work well independently and collaboratively, and works well in fast turnaround situations.
- Expert level professional experience in Adobe CC (InDesign and InCopy) and Preflight print production are required, able to produce files following rigorous use of stylesheets and standards.
- Primary responsibility will include long document production (sometimes 200pp+) for Request for Proposal (RFP) response submissions, including coordinating and assembling detailed information from various sources into one document, and coordinating printing + distribution.
- Secondary responsibilities include providing design team support to create presentations or custom graphics for project or pursuit interviews or similar; including slide presentation in PowerPoint or InDesign, client research, project research, written summary of key points for interviewees to know from RFP + research.
- Additional responsibility will include working with the Business Development and Marketing team members to build and maintain a firm information database. Required tasks include collecting, organizing, and archiving data on current pursuits and historical projects.
- Candidate must be fluent in Spanish & English.
Salary range is $40,000 – $55,000
This position is in-person in the San Juan office.
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter, CV, and portfolio of relevant projects to [email protected] with the position as subject line.
To apply, please email us with a letter of interest, resume, work samples (max 20 pages / 5 MB), salary requirements, and references (contact information only) as PDF attachments to [email protected], with the job title in the subject line (e.g. “Senior Architect”).
We look forward to hearing from you.