Marvel is seeking a motivated, organized, and craft-oriented model maker to join our growing model shop team. As an expanding integrated architecture, landscape architecture and urban design practice, the model shop will work across project phases and collaboratively with other in-house disciplines. Model making is an integral part of Marvel’s design process at every stage – from pursuits and concept design to large scale mockups and material tests. The office embraces material experimentation and a wide array of model making techniques.
Candidates must have excellent communication and writing skills, strong organizational and time management habits, and work well independently and collaboratively. An accredited professional degree is preferred. Applicants should be interested specifically in model making and expanding Marvel’s shop capacities.
The following are requirements:
• Excellent command of Autocad and Rhino
• Laser-cutting and 3d printing experience
• Examples of hand-crafted objects and models
• Experience with CNC technology
• Ability to communicate ideas graphically through sketching and drafting
• Knowledge of photography and lighting
• An interest and experience integrating interactive remote video systems (for video conferencing)
• A team player
• Highly self-motivated
• Comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and portfolio of relevant projects (max. 20 pages / 5 MB as PDF attachments) to [email protected] No calls please. The positions currently open are in our New York city office. The candidate must be willing to work in the office (not remotely) and able to begin immediately.