Marvel seeks a Senior Project Architect with a focus on Sustainability to join our team. The selected candidate will work closely with Partners, Directors and Associates to establish design direction and lead projects from concept design through project completion and will have the ability to translate design concepts into successful buildings. Specifically, the candidate will lead sustainability design strategy for a new higher education project that is seeking LEED, LBC Core and Passivehouse certifications, and hence requires for the candidate to demonstrate prior experience in the leading and coordination of project teams in this aspect. The selected candidate will also participate in Marvel’s Sustainability Group and help drive office wide sustainable initiatives and project strategies.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude, strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated proficiency in team organization, consultant communication and coordination. This position requires a high level of design, client interface and direction of junior and intermediate design staff.
Sustainable Design Experience
- LEED accredited professional
- Passivehouse and Living Building Challenge experience is a bonus, but not required. CPHD and LFA accredited candidates encouraged.
- Demonstrated experience in working on projects with sustainable design certifications. Direct involvement in the administration of accreditations is encouraged.
- Candidates with New York State Architectural License (or in the process of registration) are strongly preferred. LEED accreditation is encouraged, but not required.
- Bachelor of Architecture/Masters Degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- At least 8 years of experience.
- Must be Revit and AutoCAD proficient and have a working knowledge in Adobe CC programs such as Sketch-up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and 3-D computer rendering, and digital modeling as required.
- Must demonstrate skill and knowledge of a variety of project types
- Must have a portfolio of distinctive, built work and demonstrated ability to lead design and consultants teams through all phases of projects.
- Must demonstrate specific design and technical experience leading and managing a project from Schematic Design through Construction.
- Must have experience that demonstrates their ability to work well within a design team and coordinate the work of an extensive team of consultants.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational qualities, and team building skills.
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter, CV, and portfolio of relevant projects to [email protected].
Marvel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.